|How much is my case worth?Several components go into calculating the worth of a case:
Ultimately the worth of your case is decided by a jury. Settlements occur when the parties' opinions about the potential jury verdict are close enough that they realize that trial would be a waste of time, effort and money for all concerned.
- Your doctor's final report
- The amount of time it will take you to recover
- The amount of work or income you will lose
- The degree to which your injuries interfere with your daily activities
- What the hospital records contain
- Whether the injury is permanent
- What the witnesses are likely to say under oath
- How a court might rule on the legal issues involved
The only way to evaluate the worth of a case is to fully investigate the cause, develop the damages, research the law and evaluate a number of other factors from the parties' background and the attorneys' experience. Cases will be evaluated and assessed by your attorney after they have collected all the necessary information and completed an investigation.